The following individuals provide advice and leadership for the programs of the World Mate Foundation (WMF) in Southeast Asia including the World Mate Emergency Hospital (WMEH).
- Dr. Brak ChanthetSenior Medical DoctorDr. Brak ChanthetSenior Medical Doctor
Chanthet graduated with his medical degree from International University in 2012, and he has been a medical doctor at the Handa Medical Center since 2013.
- Mr. Michael De LeonNursing EducatorMr. Michael De LeonNursing Educator
Michael is a registered nurse from the Philippines. Michael has experience in various clinical and academic settings, and also holds a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in International Health.
- Ms. Janice HayNursing Technical AdvisorMs. Janice HayNursing Technical Advisor
Janice is a registered nurse from the UK with more than 30 years of technical nursing experience in various disciplines. Since 2008 she has been working at different hospitals as a technical advisor.
- Ms. Hay SothearathMedical CoordinatorMs. Hay SothearathMedical Coordinator
Sothearath has more than 20 years of experience in trauma and emergency nursing care and was one of the lead nurses who helped open the World Mate Emergency Hospital in 1998.
- Dr. William HolmesSurgical Training CoordinatorDr. William HolmesSurgical Training Coordinator
William is a plastic surgeon and international development expert who has been an advisor and volunteer since the hospital first opened. In 2017 he accepted the more involved role in administrating and developing a three-year training program for the surgical department.
- Ms. Eap HourtSurgical CoordinatorMs. Eap HourtSurgical Coordinator
Hourt has more than 20 years of experience in trauma and emergency nursing care and was one of the lead nurses who helped open the World Mate Emergency Hospital in 1998.
- Mr. Ariel LadoresLead AdministratorMr. Ariel LadoresLead Administrator
Ariel is a registered nurse from the Philippines and holds bachelor degrees in both Nursing and Radiologic Science. He has trained medical professionals in a variety of disciplines since 2008.
- Dr. Gerlinda LucasTechnical AdvisorDr. Gerlinda LucasTechnical Advisor
Gerlinda holds a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in International Health with more than 15 years of healthcare management experience in the developing world including work in Russia, Afghanistan, Laos and Cambodia.
- Dr. Neak SopheaktraSenior Medical DoctorDr. Neak SopheaktraSenior Medical Doctor
Sopheaktra graduated with his medical degree from International University in 2012, and he has been a medical doctor at the Handa Medical Center since 2013.
- Mr. Kevin O’BrienCountry Director, The Handa FoundationMr. Kevin O’BrienCountry Director, The Handa Foundation
Kevin had a 20-year career managing for-profit businesses in the United States before moving to Cambodia in 2009 to develop programs that serve the poor. He helps to manage the work of the World Mate Foundation in Southeast Asia.
- Dr. Om PalrithaSurgical DirectorDr. Om PalrithaSurgical Director
Palritha is an orthopedic surgeon with more than 10 years of experience. He has been a surgeon at the World Mate Emergency Hospital since 2007 and is considered one of the top surgeons in the country.
- Dr. Simon StockSurgical Technical AdvisorDr. Simon StockSurgical Technical Advisor
Simon is a general surgeon with more than 20 years of experience working in the UK. He volunteers his time and energy to provide surgical training to the surgeons of the World Mate Emergency Hospital.